The following are items of general interest to the members of Council 13467.
Knights Nite Out
Chairman: John Fazio
As discussed in our previous business meetings, we will be "floating" the day of the night out. This change was initiated to offer more flexible dates enabling more Knights and their families a chance to attend. An annoiuncement will be made at each business meeting.
As usual, we will post the date, time and location of the gathering here as well as the map for those who may be unfamiliar with the establishment. And don't forget to RSVP the coordinator that you plan to attend how many guests you have. He needs an accurate count to pass on to our host ensuring everyone is adequately served.
Posted by: Ray Kotwasinski
Third Sunday of Every Month, 8:30am–12:30 (immediately after each Sunday Mass)
Cost is $6 ages 8 and up, Children 7 and under eat free
Come join us for a great breakfast and fellowship in the SJA School Cafeteria
- or -
lend a hand in the kitchen or dining room to help make it all happen.
YOU ASKED ~ WE LISTENED!!!
Your SJA Knights of Columbus Council has changed the Parish Breakfast to include PANCAKES that started with the September Breakfast. The Breakfast in September was a HUGE success with the introduction of pancakes to their menu lineup. You are invited to come out and enjoy the next breakfast when pancakes will again be served with all the fixings!!!
The cost is only $6, and those under 6 and over 80 eat free!
Breakfast will be served from 8 am until around 12:30 pm.
You might ask...
Choose any or ALL of the following:
Bacon and sausage
Juice, coffee, hot tea
Donuts, fruit cocktail
"What does my $6.00 buy - other than a delicious breakfast?"
- Student Scholarships
- Rosaries for First Communion
- Support for a Seminarian(s)
- Several Parish, Youth and Hope-4-Life programs
- various improvements at SJA School
Currently Scheduled Events
Poor Clares Project
Posted by: Advocate: Patrick Mayette
- On February 9, 2019, we provided much needed support for the Poor Claires work project. Twenty-one Brothers participated by cutting pine trees, diseased trees and stumps. They cleared over 275 yards of trails and paths, refurbished a special hand carved sign, repaired a light pole, 4 wheelbarrows, cart, bell and chain saw. Overall, a very successful trip.
Plans are being prepared for our next two visits to assist the Poor Clares. The first will be a trip in January or February to paint some of their rooms. The rooms are sparsely furnished, so it will be a simple matter of pushing the furniture to the middle and getting the painting done.
The second will be a trip in April or May for an outside spring clean-up. More details will come out as far as tools and equipment needed, but if you have a yard you can imagine the time of work needed.
Please email the Worthy Advocate
with the weekends in January/February you are able to help paint and/or the weekends in April/May you are able to assist with the outside work. He will then pick the weekends to drive up based on the availability of Knights to assist.
Thanks in advance for your assistance in helping out with this important effort of charity!
The Polar Plunge 2020 efforts are underway and the Plunge is set for Virginia Beach on February 8, 2020. For those wishing to get a jump start on our Council's donation page the links for the general polar plunge site, the Council 13467 site, and the Grand Knight's donation page are below.
As a Council, let's see if we can raise more than $5000 for Special Olympics Virginia this year!
General Polar Plunge 2020 Website:
Scroll down to where it says 'Support a Fundraiser,' then Choose 'Fundraising Team', and then choose: 'Knights of Columbus 13467'
GK Tom Lundquist's donation page if I get to $1000+ donated to my page, I'll join the plunge.
Main Donation Page
Knights of Columbus Council 13467
Awards, Degrees and Presentations
It is with great pleasure that St. John the Apostle (SJA) Council 13467 welcomes 3
new members to the Order,
Jeff Howell who transfered in from Council 12117,
GK Tom Lundquist presents Tim Broderick with the "Knight of the Month" for January.
Posted by: GK Tom Lundquist
The council received the following communications this month.
- Grand Knight acknowledged a thank you letter from Catholic Charities of SEVA for coats
- Thank you for Knights support of CRHP/WELCOME weekends - from Deacon Mac
- Thank you from Daniel Peterson - He, Anthony Criscuolo, Evan & Ian Dooley supported the coat and food give away from Beach Bucket at the Oceanfront to the Atlantis Neighborhood and working poor of the Oceanfront.
- Email from State Deputy asking all Councils to
donateCouncilThis was discussed at a previous meeting and approved in accordance with the current by-laws.
$1 per Knight to the Father Bader Scholarship Prgorm which is in desperate need of funds. Or whatever Council can support.
- Winter Coat drive - Connect with Wish (Wendy Adams) - First Case Delivered