The following are items of general interest to the members of Council 13467.
- On February 9 we provided much needed support for the Poor Claires work project. Twenty-one Brothers participated by cutting pine trees, diseased trees and stumps. They cleared over 275 yards of trails and paths, refurbished a special hand carved sign, repaired a light pole, 4 wheelbarrows, cart, bell and chain saw. Overall, a very successful trip. We will return in the spring to do more work. Details will be posted as they become available.
- The council sponsored "Family Fun Night" was a great success with over 67 attendees
- Lenten Fish Fry is sponsored by Assembly 1505 annually. Our council is scheduled to serve dinner and baked goods on March 22
- Here's an excellent opportunity to provide support to the "SJA Driver Ministry" by scheduling to take elderly and disabled parishioners to doctor appointments, bringing them to mass, shopping trips and so on. See GK Jack Shick is you are available
- KOVAR is gearing up! The first opportunity to help is before and after masses on the 16th and 17th of February. Signup sheets will be available after all masses for future dates
- 14-17 March - ABC store at Red Mill
- 6 Apr - Harris Teeter stores at Courthouse and Sandbridge
- 27-28 April - Walmart at Red Mill
- We will continue to grow our Council and Pasrish attendance at Franciscan University at Steubenville's "Defending the Faith" conference on July 26-28 as well as the "Diocesan Men's Conference on March 23
- We will continiue to provide rosaries for First Holy Communicants
- Food Lion distribution will contimnue all year long on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9am. Items donated by Food Lion will be brought to the Sullivan House. Fr. Rob is very supportive of this effort.
- Fr. Rob also encouraged our increased support for the "Housing for the Homeless" program that SJA is now committed to
- "Consecration to the Holy Family" - Fr. Rob would like to see our council continue to encourage the "good Friday Prayer Program" and do that in conjunction with our council encouraging all Brother Knights to attend the complete Easter Tridium
- On February 26 SJA will host a Formation Degree, show time is 7pm
- The annual "March for Life" was held January 19 in Washington D.C. and well attended by members of our council
- Our annual Parish Blood Drive is slated for February 16
- Only 6 cases of Christmas cards are left. A suggestion was made to have a "Christmas in July" event to sell these cards
- A "Double-Header" degree cerempony was held on January 22
- Once again, a few "brave" Knights participated in the Polar Plunge at the beach on February 2. Over $2,000 was donated on their behalf
- A motion was seconded to establish 2 scholarships in honor of Brothers Pete Schuffles and PGK Tony Reade
- Submissions for the "Young Man" and "Young Woman" of the year are due. Please send your nominee to GK Jack Shick
Parish Blood DriveSt. John the Apostle Council 13467 is once again sponsoring a Parish Blood Drive on
Knights Nite Out
Awards, Degrees and PresentationsIt is with great pleasure that St. John the Apostle (SJA) Council 13467 welcomes two new members to the Order,
GK Jack Shick presents PGK Manny Ramos with the "Family of the Month" for Janaury.
GK Jack Shick presents Art Hill with the "Family of the Month" for February.
GK Jack Shick presents Mike Walsh with the "Knight of the Month" for February.
GK Jack Shick presents PGK Mike Lemoine with the "First Degree Honoree" for January.
DD Ted Quinter presents PGK Joe Connelly with the "Formation Degree Honoree" for January.
FA Ben Salazar addresses the members at the February meeting.
The council received the following communications this month.
- Grand Knight acknowledged a letter from "Hope for Life"